Posted By Shabad Vichar on Mar 30, 2016
Today, while reading the below lines from Hukamnama Sahib, I stopped for a while to ponder upon it :
"ਮਾਤ ਗਰਭ ਮਹਿ ਆਪਨ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਦੇ ਤਹ ਤੁਮ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੇ ॥ "
"Maat Garabh Meh Aapan Simran De, Teh Tum Rakhanhare"
- Sorath Mahela 5, Ang 613, Shri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.
I was thinking, what are the virtues that a little child has before birth, which makes Vaheguru jee take so much care about that little one :
1) The little one is literally dependent on the mother. Anything and everything he/she wants, the child will depend on his/her mother.
Similarly, can't we be solely dependent on the mother and father of the Universe for all our needs.
"ਛੋਡਿ ਉਪਾਵ ਏਕ ਟੇਕ ਰਾਖੁ ॥ "
"Chod Upaav Ek Tek Raakh"
- Gauree Mahela 5, Ang 193, Shri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.
"ਜੋ ਮਾਗਉ ਸੋਈ ਸੋਈ ਪਾਵਉ ਅਪਨੇ ਖਸਮ ਭਰੋਸਾ ॥ "
"Jo Mangau Soi Soi Paavau, Apne Khasam Bharosa"
- Sorath Mahela 5, Ang 619, Shri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.
2) The child does not care what is happening around the world. He/She is just clinging on to the mother and knows that the mother will protect him/her from any difficulty which comes in the way.
In a way, the child is ""Beparvah"" , which is also a virtue of the Almighty Himself.
"ਨਾਨਕ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਤਿਲੁ ਨ ਤਮਾਈ ॥ "
"Nanak Veparvaho Hai, Tis Til Na Tamaee"
- Suhi Ki Vaar, Mahela 3, Ang 792, Shri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.
If today, we can learn these two lessons from a little baby, I think most of our troubles will be wiped out and we will be more in tune with God. The path to spiritual well being and inner peace starts when you have ""Bharosa"" ie. trust on God, and when we become ""Beparvah"" from the outside world, ie. whatever goes around us, we know we can count on Vaheguru jee to protect us.